Monday 17 September 2012

Plans afoot...

So I've booked myself on a School of Life "Intensive" day - "How to Find a Job You Love" http://www.theschooloflife.com/shop/findingajobyouloveonedayworkshop-503/- in November - slightly scary as not sure if I'll be the only one who hasn't earned a living in 10 years and be surrounded by professionals looking for a career change. Decided to brave it anyway, otherwise how will I ever know if I can go out into the world again and make money, and I get a one-to-one session on the Sunday too which I'm excited about...

Looking forward very much to a couple of nights in a cheap London hotel, with breakfast made and dinner cooked - what luxury! Hope I can find my way about, as I do feel trepidatious about navigating London alone (not been much of an adventurer so far in my life).

And I had a brainwave, to try to halt the brainfreeze going on with me a lot of the time, of transforming our under-stairs cupboard into my craft domain - storage room aplenty, and can fit in a small table and fold-up chair I reckon so it can actually be the smallest of studios.

So, hey I could really get some serious crafting done (I did actually start to make a fabric lampshade when babysitting the other night, just need to sew it) whilst figuring out my next training/marketing move towards true adulthood...

& Finally, what is it with middle age and diets - I never ever looked at one in my twenties or thirties, but have found myself reading about and trying several in my forties!! The Matt Roberts, the Food Doctor, the India Knight - all do-able, just about, but not sustainable for me as too much change in daily eating and WAY too much planning ahead.

BUT hold the front page - there may be one which might just work - the Alternate Day Fasting I think it's called, as demoed by Michael Moseley on Horizon http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01lxyzc, where you fast (not totally but have up to 500 calories) for 2 to 3 days per week and then eat WHATEVER YOU LIKE on the other days - have just finished 2nd day of fasting for this week and although feeling hungry and somewhat tired I feel I can go with it as I know that yesterday's roast dinner was sooo good because I wasn't thinking "ooh I shouldn't really have too many roast potatoes as it's a lot of carbs" rubbish, I was just enjoying the meal (and the wine).

If I end up a bloated wino, I'll be most disappointed, but worth a go as a sustainable option I reckon...

No comments:

Post a Comment